Friday 31 July 2015

Cottage cheese and blueberry cookies

Anyone who ever tried to eat healthy will understand me: it is pretty hard to find something that helps with your sweet cravings, but it won't ruin your diet. Fruits usually do the trick for me, but I still need a cookie kind of thing for my cup of tea every now and then. So I was on a hunt for a healthy and tasty recipe. I don't really like paleo diet, but I have to admit you can steal some recipes from them, of course with modifications. :) So this is what I did. The source is a Hungarian paleo blogger, gonna link her blog anyway, I know I have Hungarian readers. :)

What I love about this recipe: it is a small portion, you won't end up with 2 dozens of cookies you feel like you have to eat, so you won't waste food. 



Ingredients

150 g cottage cheese (I use this, it is more like the Hungarian version, drier, perfect for baking)
1 egg
70 g oat flour 
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
brown sugar or a wee drop of honey
a handful of berries 

I don't know about here in the UK, but back in Hungary it was pretty expensive to buy any type of flour that is not the typical white one. But porridge oats are pretty cheap, and with my new blender I easily made flour from it in literally 10 seconds. So I was pretty happy about it. :) Back to the recipe: mix all ingredients except the berries well together, then add the berries, but try not to crush them. Preheat the oven for 180 Celsius (160 if it's an air circulation oven). 

Cover a baking tray with baking paper, then form little cookies from the dough. It is going to be pretty sticky. :) Bake for 15-20 minutes, check on them every once in a while, just to make sure they won't burn. 


They are a bit ugly, but trust me, they are delicious. Even Panda begged for it, when I was taking the pictures. (Yes, she begs for everything, but still, she is a cutiepie.)


No comments:

Post a Comment