Thursday 25 June 2015

Same me, new habits

I do apologize for the looong break. I did not really have the motivation to write posts, and I didn't want to start blabbering about random stupid things. :) But now I feel like I am motivated again, and I am going to try and post regularly.
The following part might seem like a bit TMI, but I always used to be like this, I don't mind speaking about topics others might find inappropriate. 2 months ago I was diagnosed with PCOS. For those who don't know what it is: my ovaries are basically not functioning properly, every time it is time for an ovulation, it won't happen, and they end up having dozens of cysts in them. This condition is not curable at the moment, but one can try and make it better. The happy news is, that I don't have insulin resistance, which commonly walks hand in hand with the cysts. The main thing is, that I needed to change a lot in my life. We would like to start a family in the next 2 years, and the most important thing is for that is to have functioning ovaries of course. 
So after a couple of very emotional days I came out of my puddle of depression and tears, and decided to take action and be positive about it. I always procrastinated healthy eating and working out. At first I always said, oh I am getting into shape when I am preparing for my wedding, but I felt good in my skin anyway, and didn't want to make extreme changes for the big day. I think my problem was, that my weight never really stopped me from doing anything I wanted, so I was just relaxed and fine, there was no motivation for the big change. Now I know, that if I want to have kids in the future, I HAVE TO change. This was a kick up my ass, and got me motivated. I have a pretty good reason to change. So here it goes. 

I started eating healthy about 2 months ago. And by healthy I do not mean that I became a health freak idiot, who hates all processed food and everyone who goes in to McDonald's every month or so. I do think, that if you want to change your whole way of living, you cannot just exclude everything that is considered bad. I am a hedonist, I like my food, and I am not going to give up chocolate, or the occasional pudding. So what I do, I just think twice before eating. I eat a bit of a chocolate once a month or so, if I feel like I need it. I am not going to say no to ice cream, I am just having one scoop, not 3. I am eating hamburgers, but I try and make it bunless, or choose the healthiest option. I do go to Burger King once or twice a month, but I order a salad or the veggie wrap. I add salad as a side next to everything. I always reach for my small plates, so every meal my plate looks full, tricking my mind I have a full big meal, but I have half of the portion I used to eat earlier. Pizza is fine, 2 slices, with a massive amount of salad. Yada yada yada, I could go on for ages, but hopefully you get what I mean. 

Oh and also, I started running 2 weeks ago. I did home exercises before, but I never really liked jumping up and down like an idiot in front of the telly, and the dog always tried to hump me while I was on the ground. :D I tried running years ago, before our wedding, but I just jumped at it, without thinking, an of course it was a failure. Now I started running with the NHS app Couch to 5K, which tells you when to run and walk, so you slowly, week by week run a bit more, and walk a bit less, reaching your goal without pushing too hard. I can say that I started enjoying running, tho it is still not my favourite, but I prefer it over the home jumping. 

So yes, this is happening now, and I am going to try and post regularly, about my progress, recipes maybe, motivation and stuff. Tell me if there is a topic you want me to write more about, and I'll try my best to deliver. :)

4 comments:

  1. Szia, ne haragudj hogy nem angolul de most az agyam nem fog annyira :D szóval sajnálom a rossz hírt de nagyon jó hogy pozitívan állsz hozzá. Nagyon alattomos ez a betegség és egyre több nőt érint veled együtt most 5 ismerősöm is ezzel küzd már :( De ha ez segít ebből kettőnek összejött már a baba ráadásul természetes úton, az egyik lány szintén blogger :) van olyan is sajna akinek semmi sem vált be de neki például van az inzulin rezisztencia is mellé, ahogy írtad, meg még egyéb problémák is. Szóval én szurkolok nagyon és kitartást az életmód váltáshoz, szerintem jól csinálod én se szeretem azokat akik azt gondolják ha valaki egyszer-egyszer bemegy a Mekibe már egyenesen a pokolra jut :D :D Nekem az édesség a gyengém én abból próbálok csökkenteni.

    Ui.: Bocsi a litániáért ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Semmi gond a litaniaval, mindig szerettem hosszu kommenteket olvasni. :) Koszonom a biztatast, igyekszem pozitivan allni a dologhoz, eddig mindig bevalt.

      Delete
  2. Oh, no I see the reason of your decision. I think you are on the best way to reach your goal! Usually the doctors cannot do anything with PCOS since it is not really a disease but a condition what shows that you need to change something in your life as you've just done. I have many-many firends, who had the same diagnosis - i think it's kinda popular nowadays - and as soon as the changed their lifestyle - sport, food and vitamins, nutritional supplement - they had their babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! :) Yes, this is what I hope, that my dedication pays off and everything will be fine. :)

      Delete