Wednesday 22 July 2015

Review: Footner exfoliating socks

So it is summer, and even though the weather is not treating us here in Scotland, I like to get my sandals out. Just so I can still pretend it is warm. :) I always struggled with dry and hard skin on my feet, since I spend 98% of my working hours standing and walking. I never really liked foot graters, I have a filer, but I don't find it very effective. I was thinking about buying that School electric pedi thing, but first I wanted to try this sock out, as I liked the reviews. 



Now I am a lazy person when it comes to exfoliating feet. I don't like to balance over the bath so the dead skins don't fly everywhere. And it is hard work to exfoliate for minutes (says the runner, haha, but still). These socks promised results without scrubbing, so I gave it a go. The way it works is quite interesting, there is some kind of chemical in it, which will make your dead and dry skin peel off in 10 days. I find it quite pricey, it was £19.99 in Boots, but since I only read good things about it, I wanted to try it. 

It says, you have to wear the socks for 1 hour. It is basically a weird plastic slipper, filled with liquid, that you put on your feet for an hour. You should put on a pair of your own socks as well, to keep it in place, then they said it was perfectly fine to walk in them around the house. Now I didn't have the courage to do it, I didn't feel it safe, so I just sat for an hour watching Netflix. It was also advised to put some vaseline on top of your feet, so your skin will not peel there. After an hour I removed the socks and washed my feet with warm water as I was told. And then I waited for the wonder. 

I did the treatment on Thursday, and there was nothing weird for 3 days. I started to think that I just wasted 20 quid on nothing, and started getting annoyed, but then on Sunday, after a long day of shopping, when I arrived home I noticed that on my heels I had some huge blister-looking dry skin patches. So it begins I thought. And I was right. From that day I felt like a lizard. I read that some people found it disgusting, but to be honest it kinda amused me, that without any pain or discomfort my dry skin just fell off and I had babysoft skin underneath. It is Wednesday today, 13 days after the application,  and I just stopped shedding. :D The vaseline didn't work a 100%, the top of my foot still dried out a bit, but I just applied some cream and it was all jolly good. I had an area on my right heel with some really stubborn dry skin which sadly didn't go away, but my other foot and everything else is like brand new. 

Overall I am very happy with this purchase, it is a bit pricey, but I think it is great. They say the result will last for 3 months, now I am interested in that, I think it is quite a long period, but I'll see how it goes. I am still thinking about buying that electric pedi thingy, but I will wait a couple of weeks for sure. 

Even if you just want to do this treatment once a year before summer starts, it is a great way to refresh your skin on your feet. Just make sure you do it well in advance before any events, because your feet won't look pretty for almost a fortnight. You cannot wear sandals during the shedding period. Other than that, this is brilliant. :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm a bit squeamish about that chemical, though. Sounds scary! Do you know what exactly is it?

    The Scholl stuff is great, I usually use it before vacuuming (the skin snow does fall everywhere), but then I have another reason to clean. :)) You could use that for touchups inbetween icky-sock sessions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are alpha-hydroxi-acids in it, which helps with the exfoliation, but here is the full ingredients list: Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Collagen, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Canola oil, Cucumis Sativus Extract, Propylene Glycol, Polydextrose, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Xanthan gum, Glycolic Acid, Methylparaben, Parfum.

      It didn't sting at all, was absolutely fine wearing them. That is my plan, I think I am going to use this once or twice a year, and I just buy a Scholl thing as well, just for touchups.

      Delete
    2. Okay, so same thing I use for my face (a 10% solution), I just don't soak in it. :)

      Delete
  2. I've bought mine from boots international (yay, they ship to Hungary), applied it 3 days ago, so I guess, I'm about to see the miracle happen tomorrow ^.^

    ReplyDelete