Saturday 1 August 2015

You look great! What is your secret?

I changed my lifestyle 3 months ago now, so of course people started noticing the difference. I am going to be honest with you, it feels quite nice when people notice and compliment. What is funny, when they start asking about my secret. Everyone in the world wants magic. Not the Harry Potter type (of course I want that as well tho!), but the Jabberwocky type. Which will revolutionize the way we do business weighloss. (Let me know in the comments below if you understood the reference. Virtual high five.) Everything seems easier, when there is a secret ingredient you never heard of. That is why you never managed before, because you didn't try the thing. Wether if it is losing weight, or starting your own business, or moving to a different country, there has to be a secret. There has to be something, which makes it easier, and since you don't have that secret, it is not your fault that you never managed before. There has to be a pill, a prayer, a ritual or something. 

(source)

 Well I am sorry to say, there is no spoon secret. If you want to change, and you want your results to last, you just have to work for it. You just have to start eating right, start walking, running, cycling, and believing in yourself. There are some pills and powders and stuff that might work for a short period of time, and can make you feel that you still can eat a large pizza from Dominos and lose weight at the same time, but trust me, they are not good for you. Eating right and working out is good for you. And you will see it in the long run, that it was the right choice. When you eat right and don't make your system do crazy things, your body will transform at its own pace, and it is less likely that you end up with loose skin all over, and you won't look sick during the process. Sometimes, when people do silly things to lose weight (either taking pills or just starving themselves for a couple of weeks), you can see dark circles under their eyes, they don't look healthy at all. I don't feel or look sick. I am comfident even without make up. 

You know what? I might have a secret. My secret is me. And you have yours as well. You just have to find it. It is there, I am sure. Just look for it.

7 comments:

  1. <3 better off ted, it's a shame that almost nobody knows it (and I used to work at a big evil company like Veridian, so there was an appropriate quote for every day...)
    I think the only 'secret' is that you will have to keep trying and trying and changing and adjusting- no method is going to work forever. Also I'm really impatient- the lifestyle change and especially running is a good lesson about that: there won't be a huge improvement at once, I won't see results in days, but if I stick with it for months, it still could be surprisingly great (I've just finished my first 5k today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on your 5k! Congrats! :) i almost made it today, 4.75 km. :) I think 1 more week and I manage it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost a great deal of weight about 5 years ago, and acquaintances would ask me what my secret was, and it was quite awkward because I'd gained the weight when I was depressed. "My secret? Oh, I don't hate everything in my life anymore."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes people don't realize that these questions can cut really really deep. I am glad you are feeling better now!

      Delete
  4. do you have an advice on how to help your metabolism to speed up? I'm in the start line, I'm also a bit over 100 kgms, from Sunday I have been in the gym 3 times now. And I run. Something happened, and I enjoy it. Of course, intervall courses I do, I min running 2 min. walking. But my eating I think could be more efficient. How did you start the dieting thing? I drink water with lemon every morning, I'm a veggie too...thanks your reply. Viki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really believe in these metabolism booster mumbo jumbos, keto diets and that. I didn't think about this at all when I started doing what I am doing, just started eating healthy and took care of my body.
      Some people say green tea is a good booster, now I don't know about that, but I like the taste of it, and I drink it quite often. Not every day, but still.
      What is absolutely crucial, is sleeping. Now that is the one thing that surely will help, because you need your zzzs to be healthy and for your body to change.
      I started my diet very easily, one day I just started eating differently. Didn't prepare my body with shakes or fasting, just did it. Worked for me. :)
      Good luck!!!

      Delete