Thursday 20 August 2015

The "Under 100 Club"

Speaking about weight is a dodgy thing. Most people gets offended when it is brought up. Even in medical situations, when I worked as a midwife trainee and asked women their weight, they felt attacked. But of course it was the most important to know, as if there was any emergency, you need to know the doses of the drugs for her. Anyway. 

I hated scales for a long period of time. They made me face the reality, and I didn't like it. I knew, it would show me a number that would have made me upset, so I just ignored it. Now since I started this lifestyle change, of course I own a scale, and use it regularly. Every time I step on it, I still have that feeling, that I need to get away from it, but it gets less and less intense every day.

Today was the first time, I had a genuine big smile on my face, looking at the screen of the scale. It said 99,5 kg. I can't tell you, when was the last time I was under a 100 kilos, but I am sure it was almost a decade ago. I felt so happy, I just can't even describe it. Gave me such a motivation boost, I just galloped to the kitchen to prepare my fruit bowl for lunch. I know it is still a lot (bare in mind, I am 1.75 meters tall), but I am under a 100! I reached an other milestone, and it just gave me a big boost to go harder and be more motivated.

Update about my running: I reached week 9 with my app, so I am finishing the training this week. Now I run for 30 minutes (still need a 50 meters walk in the middle - gonna write an other post about it, because it annoys me), and I reached 5 kilometres, going for almost 6 now. :) I am also thinking about starting yoga, there is a studio on our street, so it is quite convenient. It is so nice that I actually want to do these things, not just forcing myself into them. Change is really an amazing thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment