Thursday 12 February 2015

The Body Shop: Aloe skincare products

I never really had a proper skincare routine, I always used the one moisturiser, that was on sale, or the face wash I read good things about. Every time I ran out of something, I tried a different one, which I liked at that point. 

I always wanted to try TBS products, but back in Hungary they were not really affordable, so I just wished for them. Since we live here I like to pop in to the store every once in a while. The membership card gives you waaay more discount here, and the offers are brilliant. 

My skin is quite interesting nowadays. It used to be quite normal, with the occasional spots and breakouts, but in the past couple of months it just went crazy. My skin was always sensitive, prone to eczema, so I reached for the aloe range, just to be sure. I use tee tree oil for spot treatment, and every once in a while the tea tree toner as well (only on my T-zone), but for every day use I prefer the soothing aloe. My routine not just includes these products, but the others are still changing here and there, so I decided to show the ones I use for a while now.


The Aloe Soothing Moisture Lotion SPF 15 was my first purchase from the range. I wanted to have a daily cream with spf in it, because I am quite pale, and I don't really want to have premature wrinkles just because of the sunlight. I know, I live in Scotland, so talking about the sun is kinda funny, but still, better to be safe than sorry. And I am not just worried about the wrinkles of course, cancer is even worse, so I like to protect my skin, when I am out and about. 

The texture of this cream is like a typical moisturiser, bit on the watery side. I like the tube, easy and hygienic. I am almost out of it, but will repurchase for sure. Lasted for a good 6 months, with every day use. Not bad. 

The Aloe Protective Serum is a bit of an extra pampering, I don't really think, that serum is a must have in skincare. I used to use it morning and night, but I just use it before bed now, under my night cream. I love the pump, works perfectly, usually 1 full pump is enough for my face. Some days when it is exceptionally windy I use more, because it moisturises really well, and my skin just absorbs it straight away. 

The Aloe Soothing Night Cream is a repurchase. It has a great creamy texture, not sticky, hydrates well. I use it after the serum every night, can't complain. The only thing, that I don't really like, is to stick my fingers in the cream, but I am too lazy to use a spoon just for it, so I do it anyway. :D Would prefer it in a different container, but hey, whatever. :)

The Aloe Eye Defence is my favourite of all the products mentioned. Same pump as the serum, really easy to get the right amount. I used to have little wrinkles around my eyes (too much smiling), but they are gone now. I still smile as much, so it must be this. :) No smell, just like the other aloe products, very gentle on the skin, doesn't sting at all. I use it only at night. Haven't noticed any difference on my circles, but I don't really have them anyway, I am lucky, even when I don't sleep well I am not suffering from dark circles. 

Overall I highly recommend these products, if you have sensitive skin, and looking for something that doesn't hurt your skin, give them a try. I am definitely keeping them in my routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment