Monday 16 February 2015

Fleur De Force: The Glam Guide - Review

I watch Fleur's Youtube channel for quite a while now. She is one of the few, who I am still subscribed to, since most of the gurus I watched previously had become annoying, dishonest, or just simply not fun to watch. I can relate to her in many ways, and even though she is very popular now, she still managed to stay the same girl she was, when she first started Youtube. 

Anyhow, I was very excited, when she announced her upcoming book last year. My sister is a blogger herself, who happened to write her first book in 2013, so I know exactly, how much work and excitement it is. 

I really loved, that Fleur asked her audience about the book, even considered minor changes, while it was still in progress. She vlogged throughout the writing, and listened to criticism. First, I wanted to pre-order the book, but then I realized, that I love going to book stores, so I decided to wait for the release, and buy and smell it myself. :)



The Glam Guide came out on the 12th of February, and I binged myself through it in 2 days. First, it is lovely to look at it. I like the colours, the font, the whole design of it. If you watch Fleur, you know, that it screams her name, which is always handy, when you happen to have a book. :) Second, I really like the structure. She discusses several topics, from make-up to recipes, workout tips, fashion ideas, and even some relationship and blogger/youtube tips. She starts from the beginning, explaining everything, but also keeps mentioning, that not everything is set in stone, you can do whatever you feel like doing. 



The book is basically a mix of her videos in print, I almost heard her voice, while I was reading it. As I mentioned, I watch her videos for years now, and it was really nice to notice, that almost all of the pictures were taken at their house, I recognized outfits from her previous haul videos, you can see her puppies, her husband on the pictures, everything mentioned or photographed is real, hers, not just some stock something. 


The drawings in the book are fantastic, I loved every page, and the watercolour accents are really cute too. 

What I think is important to say, that this book is not a bible, it won't really change your life, if you already are into fashion and make-up, but it definitely is a lovely read, and Fleur didn't really promise anything life-changing anyway. She just made her life and videos into a book, and it turned out to be fantastic. Congratulations to her. :) 

Have you read it? Are you planning on buying it?

2 comments:

  1. I saw this book on a girl's table in my favorite coffeeshop a few days ago. I noticed the colorful and nice cover right away and although I haven't known Fleur before (I'm definitely gonna check out her channel) I instantly thought that I'd like to read the book.
    I'm always happy when a blogger/Youtuber gets the chance to write his/her own book. On my wishlist there is Michelle Phan's Make Up: Your Life Guide to Beauty, Style, and Success (she's the first Youtuber ever who I started to follow and I still love her videos) along with Das Slimani Prinzip which is written by my three favorite German gurus who are siblings (two girls and a guy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always happy when gurus have the chance to write their book, especially if it actually is their own work. :)

      Delete