Wednesday 25 February 2015

My first tattoo

If you follow me on Instagram, you might already know, that I had my first tattoo done last Wednesday. Also you might noticed, that I have a slight obsession with Harry Potter (prepare for some Harry Potter related posts in the following days). Yep, these two are related, my tattoo is the sign of the Deathly Hallows. 

People always say, that you need to think a lot, before deciding on a tattoo, because it is going to stay there for the rest of your life. I agree with this, what I don't like is, when they say you should not get one done, because you are going to look stupid when you grow old. I am going to look stupid anyway, so who cares about the extra ink on my skin. Anyway, I was debating a lot about the placement of the tattoo. I really like them on the wrist and arm, but since I would like to work for NHS, I didn't want to make it unhideable. I decided on my back, even though I can't see it there, it is still a place which I can show without being totally inappropriate, and I can hide it with a uniform if I need to.

I got it done at the Rock 'N' Roll Studio in Dundee. I researched for quite a while, because I didn't want to end up at a crappy place. This stays on me forever, and wanted to make sure, that I am going to be in the best hands possible. I booked my appointment almost 3 weeks prior the session, and the place was really nice and welcoming, I didn't freak out even for a second. So yeah, I recommend it to everyone, they explained everything and answered all my stupid questions. :)

My artist was Piotr, and I am very glad I got him. I felt a bit weird when entering the studio, because I was freaking out a little, didn't know what to expect, but I felt silly at the same time, because I went in for a small tattoo, and the other two guys who were already there under the needle, had so much bigger things painted on them. The guy next to me was really nice, when we started he reached his hand out for me to hold onto it. :) I liked how welcoming even the clients were. 

It only took about 30 minutes, and I was really surprised, it didn't hurt at all. Ok I am lying now, it was a bit sore, but nothing major, kinda like a mosquito bite. It was louder than sore, really. 


2 minutes after it was done, still in the studio.
They explained everything about the aftercare, what should and shouldn't I do with it. I am not going into details about this, because every artist swears on different methods, and you are doing the best if you are listening to the one you got your tattoo with. But yeah, my baby is a week old now, and it was not red or sore or anything abnormal at all. I am applying the cream on it every couple of hours, and it is getting smooth now. Bit dry, but no scabs, no sore bits. I am really pleased with the result. 

1 day old. 
Sorry about the crappy pictures by the way, we had a busy weekend and didn't take pictures of it with our proper camera. 

And what they say is totally true, now that I have one I am hooked, already thinking about the next one, argh, it is addictive. :)

Do you have any tattoos? Are you thinking about getting one?


No comments:

Post a Comment