Friday 28 August 2015

DIY Body scrub

When it comes to body scrubs, I always think twice before spending money. The reason is quite simple, I don't think an expensive scrub would do anything, that regular sugar can't. I do love to smell The Body Shop scrubs for example, I tried the raspberry one and it smelled divine, but I still think it is too expensive. 

Most of the time I am too lazy to DIY my own body products, but the body scrub is an exception. Here is how I make mine. 



Ingredients

1 cup of regular sugar 
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of lemon juice

Method

There is no trick really, if you live in a cold climate like myself, melt your coconut oil before mixing it in to make it easier, but if it is melted already, you just mix everything together in a jar, and voilĂ , you have your own body scrub. Takes literally a minute. You can use brown sugar if you want to, but the thing we need here is the particles, and regular sugar is way cheaper than brown, so why waste money. 

I like this scrub, because sometimes store bought scrubs contain plastic exfoliating beads, and they don't dissolve in water, therefore they end up in the ocean, birds/fish eat it and they can die from it. Not nice. This only contains natural stuff, and makes your skin super soft. :)

A little trick I used on my wedding day: Shave first, then exfoliate with this body scrub, then shave again! This way you can cut the hairs closer to their roots, and the silky smooth feeling will lasts longer. 


The oils and the sugar can separate a bit, so make sure you stir it up with your fingers before using. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment