Thursday 8 October 2015

Namaste

As I mentioned in a previous post, I started practicing yoga. I always wanted to try it, and there is a really promising studio on our street, which eventually I am going to try out, I just wanted to make sure at home, that I like it, I enjoy it, and I can benefit from it. I know it sounds silly, because literally millions of people practice yoga and they swear by it, but that doesn't necessary mean, that it is for me. Anyway, I was on a hunt for a good yoga youtuber. I tried out quite a few, but I always had the same problem with them. Way too fast for me, difficult poses, weird explanations. I wanted something understandable, I wanted someone who can explain stuff easily, but they don't take themselves too seriously. I never take myself seriously, and I like quirky people. 



I am happy to say, that I found the perfect yoga youtuber. :) Some of you, who are into yoga might already know her, because she is quite popular, I think. Let me introduce you to Adriene

The first practice I did with her was her 20 minutes beginners yoga. and I actually enjoyed it so much, that I was very sad, that it ended. I felt great, she explained everything just the way I needed it. And I love her way of thinking about yoga, she keeps emphasizing, that yoga is different for everyone, and just because her, or someone you saw practicing yoga before looks like this or that during a pose, it doesn't necessary mean, that you have to look the exact same. Our bodies are different, some of us have long legs, some have short arms, we won't look the same doing a similar pose. Do what feels nice, while trying to do it the way it should be. If it makes sense. I love this, and this is what I do during my practice. I started noticing a difference now, in my balance, and I am a wee bit more flexible. 

I find yoga a very good counter workout for running. Running is still a kind of meditation for me, as I run alone and I just completely focus on myself, but practicing yoga is a different kind of awareness. I like how I connect with the ground, how I literally feel my organs starting to work and do what they should do. I did a couple of her videos already, and I am going to keep exploring her channel, because I enjoy all of her videos so much. Now that the weather is getting more and more rainy, I am glad that I still can do something with my body, when the conditions are not good for running. I don't mind the cold or the wind on a run, but when it is pouring down, I just can't go out for a run. But then I am happy, because there is still yoga to do!

I actually enjoy it so much, that even tho today was a lovely day, and I went for an hour long run, I still did one of her practices later in the evening, just because I wanted to do yoga as well. I love it, that she makes me want to come back and practice some more and more. This is how I imagine a great trainer. Go, check her out! She is amazing.

4 comments:

  1. I'm subscribed to her channel, I used to do her videos regularly - I recommend her before sleep/bed sequence, it's very relaxing - but eventually I stopped practicing yoga. Even though I started lifting weights about a month ago, which I simply LOVE, I should work on my flexibility a bit more, so I might get back to yoga too. However, I learnt some poses which I still do as cool down/stretch after my weight or cardio training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of the poses are so great for cooling down. I just found her after running cool down video, which I am going to try next time I run. :)

      Delete
  2. Köszönöm, hogy megmutattad nekem ezt a csatornát! Nem először találkoztam már a hölggyel (asszem Via posztolt róla valamikor), de a te posztod hatására próbáltam ki a 20 perces beginner videóját, és beleszerettem, most csinálom a 30 napos kihívását, és hát nagyon-nagyon jó hatással van rám a jóga :) Nálam már az is nagy szó, hogy most jön az 5. nap, és még nem hagytam ki és lustultam el egyet sem (meg az elé/mögé beiktatott csípőtornámat sem, de ezt is csak a jógának köszönhetem). Szóval köszi köszi köszi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaj de orulok, tok szuper! :)) Egeszsegedre!

      Delete